Sunday, July 11, 2010

On the Road Again

After spending 3 months with Doug Bizerra at Gardens on Havana in Aurora, Colorado...I am back on the IM circuit! This assignment is at West Oaks Mall in sunny (and HOT) Orlando, Florida. West Oaks is a low volume unit and also is my first experience working in a mall. It has been quite an experience making the adjustment to such a low volume (our monthly sales are less than my previous stores' weekly sales)!

Since I am headed for Chicago next month, my primary objective is to maintain a sense of stability in the restaurant. Most of the team has worked with the previous operator for 4 or 5 years and they are going to have to go through ANOTHER transition in one more month. I really want to set up the next IM for success and inheriting a well functioning team seems like the best way to do that.

My other objective this month is to take care of the basics. Right now the store could use a good cleaning and there are a number of areas where the team members need recalibration – most notably in the areas of food safety.

I am confident that this month will be a success simply by focusing on maintaining a sense of stability and focusing on the very basics of the business – cleanliness and food safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment