Thursday, December 30, 2010

“Ship” It!


Seth Godin (who I have referenced in previous posts) is big into the concept of “shipping”. In other words, what projects or accomplishments have you seen through all the way to completion? What have you shipped? The end of the year is a great time for reflection, so I have decided to post a list of everything I have “shipped” this year.

-Successful transition of Federal Heights FSU to Scott When (Scott finished his first month with an 18% sales increase from the previous year)
-Launched a blog to chronicle my Chick-fil-A highlights
-Assisted Doug Bizerra in a successful Spicy Chicken Sandwich Rollout
-Trained 3 new leaders at Chick-fil-A at Gardens on Havana
-Completed 2 transitions at Chick-fil-A at West Oaks Mall (an Operator to Interim Manager transition and a Interim Manager to Interim Manager transition)
-Completed a massive cleaning and maintenance project at West Oaks Mall that saved Chick-fil-A, Inc thousands (literally!) of dollars in replacement equipment
-Part of an elite team at Chick-fil-A at Fox Valley Center that set numerous sales and Grand Opening Records including the largest Grand Opening Day in Chick-fil-A history
-Key leader at Chick-fil-A at Fox Valley Center where we reached over $1.5 million in sales in the 4th quarter with a brand new team

This was a fun – and valuable – exercise for me. It allowed me to look back on the year and separate completed accomplishments from the ones that I did not have the energy/time/guts to finish or “ship”. It also got me into the right mindset in terms of goal-setting as I head into 2011.

Great planning and great intentions are only part of the equation…what were you able to “ship” in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment